Saturday, June 29, 2013

Adoption/Maternity Photo Shoot


Many of you have made comments about our pictures.  During many hours of surfing Pinterest (I'm EXTREMELY talented in the area of wasting time and Pinterest has really helped to improve my time-wasting skills!),  I saw lots of cute adoption-type "maternity" pictures.  I thought it would be a lot of fun to do some adoption/maternity photos of our own and asked Lindsey Boler at Red Elephant Studio if she would help us out.

I honestly thought that Tyler would never go for it... but HE DID!!  Those of you that know my husband very well, know that he would rather have a root canal than have his pictures made.  LOL!  While I'm quite the extrovert, he is quite the opposite.  He is shy and does not love the spotlight.  (Hmmm... Maybe that's one of the reasons I love him so much... He doesn't try to steal my spotlight... SO JK!!) He was actually a pretty good sport, though, and I was very proud of him!

This picture is a good indicator of our personalities!  LOL!
Anyway, here are the other pictures from our Adoption/Maternity Photo Shoot.  We had a lot of fun doing it!  Well, Lindsey and I did anyway (and Tyler is still alive)!  LOL!  We just thought it would be a fun way to share our adoption news with you!  I hope you enjoy!  :0)



















The scripture in the frame is 1 Samuel 1:27 "For this child, we prayed."

5 comments:

  1. What a fun way to share your news and mark this time in your lives. I look forward to following your adoption journey. I'm following your blog on my feedly app so I won't miss any updates. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going to have to tell me about this feedly app! Sounds really cool!! Thanks for following our blog! :0)

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love these pictures. They made me cry tears of happiness for you and Tyler. Also happy for GranSan that she will be getting another grandchild. Sending prayers and good thoughts that the adoption process goes smoothly and moves quickly to bring a child to a home where he/she is going to be so loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW!! Your comments made me cry too!! You are so sweet and such a great friend! LOVE YOU!!

      Delete
  3. So, I was on Facebook and noticed that Jennifer Bailey liked Leslie Cherry's photo, so of course I clicked to see a cute little puppy riding in a car and then, well you know Facebook, I clicked your profile and saw that you had a blog update and was nosy and OMG I cried reading this specific post and am in love with your blog overall! I didn't want to birth children, I wanted to adopt a rainbow of children (long before Angelina Jolie made it cool). God had other plans for me, I often say He planned our children perfectly and I believe that. Anyway, I couldn't get all mushy over these photos without saying that I am SO happy for you guys and for your future child! You're a beautiful person and will be an amazing mom :) Also, please don't grade this, pretty sure I'd fail. ;)

    -Kat Ollis (Mom to Dexter, Dominik & Donovan)

    ReplyDelete