Friday, July 19, 2013

It's a Small World...


Today has been a FABULOUS day!!  I got to meet someone today (in person) who has become an incredible friend and TREMENDOUS support to me in our adoption journey!  

This picture could be used on a billboard for "It's a Small World!"  You see, Tara and I "met" because she and her husband adopted their beautiful baby girl, Rossi Quinn, from the same orphanage in Taiwan where we are in the process of adopting our baby.  You might not think that's such a big deal, but they live in Muhlenburg County, KY (which is only a little over an hour away from Warren County, where we live).  What really makes it a small world, though, is that my really good friend and neighbor who lives RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from me is one of Tara's best friends!  Tara and I became friends because of our connection on the other side of the world, but we also had a connection so close to home as well!  It really is such a small world!  

I was SO EXCITED about meeting Tara and Rossi Quinn!  I had a hard time going to sleep last night! I couldn't decide what to wear and to be completely honest, I cried a couple of times before going over to Millie's house.  I think I was so emotional because this was the first time I have met (in person) anyone from The Home of God's Love (That's the name of the orphanage in Taiwan.) and it just made me feel that much more connected to this amazing place where we hope to be eventually going to adopt our own precious child.  Meeting Rossi for the first time and actually seeing her in person made it that much more of a reality!  If I was this excited, emotional, nervous, etc. over seeing them, I can only imagine how I will be when we travel to Taiwan!  I should probably start stocking up on tissues now!  Maybe I should buy an extra suitcase just for my tissues!  LOL!  I've been telling you all that these adoption hormones are out of control! ;0)


As Tara said today, I also cannot wait for our babies to play together!  I can't wait to see a third little one on this little couch!  They were too cute today!  I just love both of these precious girls so much!!


I am so thankful for Millie and Olivia and so thankful that Millie arranged for Tara, Rossi, and I to meet today!  It really was the BEST DAY!!  :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment