Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

I really just need to take a minute and brag on my husband.  He and I are VERY opposite, so it is rare for him to surprise me with something.  He is always kind and sweet and he works very hard to take care of us and our home.  However, he isn't really into the cheesy, ooey, gooey, over the top romantic stuff.  I am.  LOL!  That being said, the thoughtfulness that he put into Valentine's Day... HUGE!!

When I got home from school on Friday, there were flowers on the counter.  They were red and white roses.  I know it is a bit cliche', but roses really are my favorite.  I wasn't totally convinced that he would remember that, though.  I suppose I shouldn't underestimate him.  :0)  I looked at the flowers and thought, "Oh, that's nice and just said thank you."  I am ashamed to admit it, but I honestly assumed that he suddenly remembered that it was Valentine's Day on the way home and stopped at Kroger and just picked up what they had.  Regardless, they were pretty and it was nice of him to get them.

Later on that night, he said, "You never asked me why I just got five flowers."  I looked at him strangely and said, "What are you talking about?"  He said, "You never asked me why I just got five flowers.  Nobody just gets five roses.  It is either six or twelve.  And you didn't ask me why two are red and three are white."  I still had a really strange look on my face, I am sure.  I had no clue what he was talking about or WHO even had taken over his body!  It is so unlike him to even count how many flowers there are, much less know how many are red and how many are white!  LOL!

"Ask me," he said.  So... I asked him.

He said that the two red roses were for he and I and the three white roses were for Maggie, Lucy, and our baby that is yet to come.

I couldn't even say anything.  I just started BOO HOOING!!! (I mean, UGLY CRY!)

And then he gave ME a strange look and said, "Well, there's no need to cry about it." LOL!

Seriously?!?!  You don't get to bring up my pups AND my baby and expect me not to cry!  LOL!  It truly was the most thoughtful Valentine EVER!!  I really do love that man and I am falling more and more in love with him as we go through this adoption journey together!



3 comments:

  1. Yeah. I'm crying, too. Tell Tyler I am proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how precious! My favorite line in this post is, "I am falling more and more in love with him as we go through this adoption journey together!" It's too easy to fall in the trap of stress and fall OUT of love during this time, to see that you are becoming closer is JOYOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how God is bringing us even closer together throughout this process! It's just so cool! :0)

    ReplyDelete